WYNNBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH
This is a full time position within our church. The children’s ministry director, while working under the direction of the Family Pastor, will prayerfully develop, implement, and sustain a ministry for children from birth through fifth grade at Wynnbrook Baptist Church.
This ministry will be focused on teaching the gospel according to the Bible which is consistent with the first core value of our church, the Bible is our Authority.
“We stand on the infallible, inerrant and immutable Word of God.”
2 Tim 3:16-17; Matt 5:18; Isaiah 40:8; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Luke 24:27; Ps 12:6; Rev 22:18-19
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work”
2 Tim 3:16-17 NASB
- Must be a mature disciple of Christ who is comfortable teaching God’s word to children of varying ages.
- Must possess a desire to see Christ glorified in children and to see their families worship and grow in Christ.
- Must have the ability to train and equip volunteers to teach God’s word and disciple children and their families.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with children in ministry.
- Must have a high school diploma. A college degree in a field related to the development and education of children is preferred but not required.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must undergo a background check.
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Children’s ministries that include:
- Sunday mornings: Preschool/Elementary Sunday School Classes, Nursery, Children’s Church
- Wednesday nights: Nursery, AWANA
- Other: Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), Vacation Bible School (summer), special events
- Recruit, train and develop additional children’s ministry volunteers to be disciple makers of children.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Plan and implement any additional children’s camps, programs or activities.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Community outreach geared toward families with young children
- Hospital visits with children and their families.
- Ensure the safety of all the children under the church’s supervision during programs and activities by following proper safety procedures.
- Create and manage the children’s ministry budget under the supervision of the family pastor.
- Create and maintain a children’s ministry calendar of all events and activities.
- Model healthy church and family life by maintaining appropriate spiritual discipline and balance in personal, family, work and community life.
- Be an active member and participant of the church staff, giving support and ideas when needed.